Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Days 170 and 171

Monday

Ok I admit it.  I only exercised today because I was afraid to call Coach Alex and cancel.  I'm glad I walkd though!  I just felt so tired and worn out.  Even after 12 hours of bed time on Friday night.  I drank my fluids today, two quarts plus a little more.  I don't remember what time I went to bed Sunday night so I'll be conservative and say I am two for three though I may have been better than that.  I am still feeling crappy. 

I just feel sick to my stomach, and very tired.  Nothing else to report for Monday.

Tuesday

Well, I have had a headache all day but otherwise have been feeling a little better.  No nausea.  I drank about 3 quarts today of WATER, and iced tea.  I have kept busy today, not exercising on purpose but not lazy either.  It isn't a scheduled workout day so I am giving myself three for three. (oh, I got a fair amount of sleep!) 

Today was the first CERT class.  We have quite a varied bunch of volunteers taking this class.  Child Care directors, , Paramedic wannabe, School librarian, Traffic engineer, architect, safe streets leaders, former first responders from NY, retired CIA, young adult neighbor of mostly elderly people, military guy just back from Afghanistan and his wife, etc.  Great mix!  This should be very interesting.

We got our green CERT helmets, goggles and gloves made for andre the giant! (seriously, I couldn't do anything in my gloves if my life depended on it!)  I will have to go find some other gloves and buy them.  We are required to bring these items to each class hereafter.  When the class is over we will be issued substantial disaster kits.  I am told they cost the city 60 dollars each before tax.  I can see waiting to make sure we are serious before issuing them.  We are not being charged a penny.  And they feed us too.    Today was pretty much orientation to CERT.  Thursday we will launch into small fire suppression.  Using extinguishers complete with practical exercise.  I hope they'll accept whatever gloves I find as a substitute for what was issued.  My gloves would be too big for my feet with shoes on!

Not much else to report.

Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment