Monday, January 4, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day 108

Hi Team!

Ah, Sunday!  Sadly, I had to leave "Brother's Town" today.  I love it there.  "Brother's Town" is beautiful, the Northwest at her best!  And Station 6is a great place to hang out.  And my bro and his family are amazing!  I will miss them until the next time. =(

I slept in after going to bed earlier than any night the whole trip.  I got about 9-9 1/2 hours of sleep!! YAY ME!  I barely made two quarts today between buttermilk, tea, coffee and water!  I didn't concentrate on it too much.  I also didn't have time for much walking so we'll go with 2 for three today.

After sleeping in, My bro and my sister-in-law and I sat around playing cards and drinking coffee for several hours.  It was cutthroat triple solitaire, Peanuts or Oh Hell, whichever name you choose, at it's finest.  It was also a very stereotypical firefighter sort of thing to do! LOL  We forgot to cook a pot of chili though. =D

Sadly, no calls came in today so I didn't get to go on any runs.  After the disappointment of a working fire that we didn't get to go to yesterday, I guess I can live with that.  No calls beats not going to the action that IS happening!  Sigh.    Well, I guess that is all the more reason to go again soon!

Even though our calls were just to move up or cancelled before we got there, I had a great time, as usual and I am very glad I went.  I can't wait to go back, though I suppose I will have to!

Oh, and before I sign off for this post, I just thought I would say, it is kind of cute to see a firefighter on the floor in the kitchen of the firestation, coloring!  See below a picture of my brother, coloring on the new calendar! LOL  And the picture after that is my brother with the Christmas present my mom sent him... Firefighter Monopoly!  I'm hoping for one for myself for my birthday -even if I have to get it for me!  LOL
Photobucket
Photobucket
(That's his three year old, Joe in the picture!)



Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    thanks for sharing the pics with us;you have a great time even if you did not get some calls.

    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that monopoly game online myself and I want it too.

    ReplyDelete