Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day 51

Hi Team!

I didn't really feel like the ! but I am putting it there anyway. Sorry I didn't post this yesterday. I felt too crappy. This swine flu is a strange beast. For a while you think you're going to die. Then you're afraid you won't. Then you start to feel better and think you might live. Then you feel crappy again and wish someone would put you out of your misery and the cycle starts over again. At least that is how it has been for me, and for my son. My mom said that was what it was like for her too. Frankly, I'm ready to be done with it.

The good part is that during each cycle of feeling better, I have felt better than the previous cycle of feeling better. That sounds kind of confusing as I read it out loud. I don't know how else to put it though. I really want to go back to work. Tomorrow! I don't know if I can, but I don't really have the time off to take and I'm not coughing any more. I have been fever free for at least 12 hours now. By the time I would have to report to work it would be over 24. I work splits so maybe I will try to convince my boss to let me try the afternoon shift tomorrow and see how I feel.

One frustrating thing is that with my son so sick as well, I am not getting as much rest as I need. We are both sleeping in the living room. He didn't sleep much at all last night because he was coughing so much and had so much phlegm. That in turn kept me up. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. It is a good thing I slept half of the day! I am kind of worried about going back to work and leaving him alone to take care of himself. He is a big boy (almost 17) but he is a SICK boy. At least it would only be a few hours at a time and both my mom and my mother-in-law live within about a mile of my home. As I write this I can hear Coach Alex saying "God is ABLE!" Yes. He is. Okay, it's in His hands.

Well, not much else to report. Pete is enjoying his vacation and keeping his distance. Might as well keep his distance. He hasn't been doing a very good job of keeping mine! LOL Serously, I think he's eager to get back to work too.

I guess I'll keep pushing the chicken broth and tea and keep trying to get some sleep. Until later,

Stay safe and stay well!

Hotflash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment