Monday, September 14, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day 7

Hello Team. It's me again. (Imagine that!)

I don't have a ton to report today as I still don't have a working pedometer, but I am working on it. I actually went and purchased one today that does everything my other one did but also has a light and can take my pulse. It was on sale for one third of its usual price! Unfortunately, this particular pedometer seems to be defective. I shall return it tomorrow and exchange it for another. SIGH

On a positive note: Coach Alex and I had our one hour walk at the mall this morning. It was a beautiful morning so we chose to walk the outer perimeter instead of walking indoors. We even made several trips up and down the steps at the old Nordstrom's entrance to add a little more to our workout. I think I must have picked up my pace from the last few walks because I was a little out of breath this time. It was harder to talk and walk. I also found that my calves were burning half way through the walk today. Nothing else hurt though. And I didn't start out sore either. :D

Never EVER have I truly enjoyed exercise for exercise's sake. But I have to tell you, I kind of missed it over the weekend! YAY ME! I think that is a positive note! Alex tells me that if I keep up a regular routine, I will become addicted to it. I cannot even fathom being addicted to exercise! How cool would that be?

I got about 6 and 1/2 hours in bed last night. (sadly I did not sleep that well, however). I did not drink nearly enough fluids. I have an hour to an hour and a half to get some more in me. I had better get to work.

This is the one week mark. I'm still determined. I'll admit I have had some doubt filled moments, but that is why I am making this so public.

I am feeling quite frustrated that I cannot afford school. I do NOT want to take out loans because with Brian's ongoing medical bills, it is very hard for us to make ends meet as it is without them. But I am very eager to get started. Maybe I will feel better if I begin to research what, where and how much. At least then I will feel like I am doing something.

One last thing before I go for the night: I still have not found/made the time to make my list of things I want/need to change in my lifestyle. I don't know if I am secretly avoiding it or what. SO team... Time to start nagging me. (please).

Thanks. Until next time... Stay safe.

Hotflash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment