Friday, September 25, 2009

Flashpointz -weekend plans

Last week at work, my assistant, Nondre' came up to me and told me she had a surprise for me. She said she was sorry it was not a fireman but it was the closest she could come to one. (Before any of you worry, I joke about wanting my own fireman with some regularity, but my husband is still the hottest man I know and I wouldn't trade him for all the firemen in the world!) Anyway, Nondre' produced a large postcard with fire apparatus on the front. The back was an advertisement for the East Pierce Fire and Rescue (Bonney Lake Fire Department)'s 16th annual open house, which is tomorrow (Saturday Sept. 26th).

If all goes as planned, I am going to attend this event. I do NOT want to attend by myself because my shyness kicks in at events like that. (Yeah, REALLY! I really AM shy at times. I KNOW you don't believe me, but it's TRUE!) My neice, Amanda, is supposed to meet up with me tomorrow and she and I will take her little boy and have good time. That is the plan anyway. We will see if it actually happens. I am expecially interested in the "Jaws of Life" demonstrations and the Interactive Rope Rescue. (and admiring the apparatus and firemen (-okay fire fighters).

Firemen is used the same way firetruck is used. It is all encompassing. Many of what we call fire trucks are fire engines (and vice versa- there IS a difference)and often times firemen are actually female! It's kind of like "bandaid,""jello," and "kleenex."

If I do attend this event as I hope to, I will take pictures and will report back on any highlights in a future blog.

Remember, have an exit plan adn meeting place in case of fire. Know it and practice it regularly. Test your smoke detectors and change the batteries at least twice a year! Stay Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment