Saturday, February 6, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Day 142 and 143

Hi Team!

Here is another two day report.  I am just finding it hard to find time to blog lately.  I have tried to spend less time on the computer lately and get other things done, so that is part of it.

Friday was a very busy day for me.  I had my morning shift, then my walk with Coach Alex, then home for a short stint, then a meeting for work, then my afternoon shift and finally a 4 hour extended program we call Parent's Night Out until 10pm.  That's why I didn't blog friday!

Coach Alex was funny.  She sent me a text friday morning that said,

"so.  how are we doin? am i getting out of bed to showr or am i rolling back over to sleep?"

(admittedly it has been a crazy week with me getting my exercise on the college campus monday and getting to the mall to walk on wednesday and promptly tossing my cookies instead, but i thought about it this morning before the text about how I did not want to go but by golly I was going come hell or highwater) 

So I texted back:

"Get your tushie out of bed!"

She responded with,

"ooo so viscious!  are you sure your not the coach?"

Well, today I guess I was.  Coach and I had a good walk and our own private body guard was there to keep us safe! LOL  ( CoachAlex knows what I'm talking about and so does Johnny Boy who has made a complete recovery from his recent attack by a mutant killer curb.)

I was so surprised on our walk today.  It is the first week in February, right?  Look at what Coach and I saw outside the mall:
PhotobucketPhotobucket



Not only did I get my walk in, but I drank 3 1/2 quarts (yes 3 not 2) of fluids and I slept very well over night so I am 3 for 3!  Yay me!

Saturday:

Today was kind of a lazy day.  I slept in for the first time in a while which was really nice.  I spent some of my day cleaning up my computer, deleting junk and making more space on it.  I did some studying and I spent some time cleaning out the kitchen.  We are in need of weeding out the entire house and we have both agreed that the kitchen is where we will start and I did that while my husband hauled off brush today.

So I have had my sleep and I've been reasonably active for a weekend but I have not had much to drink today.  I know better than to not just keep something near me but I haven't taken the time to do that today.  I have maxed at about 1 1/2 quarts today so I can only qualify as 2 for 3.  Sigh.

Here is the pic I promised several days ago.  I do not photograph well but here it goes anyway.  I wish I could send you my Fire Department ID pic instead but it isn't something I have access to other than the ID badge itself. =(

Before:TPCFBB Secretary

After:Photobucket
*I don't know what caused the line to go across the top of the pic.  :( 

I like the new hair color though it was weird the first few days when I looked in the mirror.  My hair was similar to the new color every summer when I was a kid.  Late in the summer it would be hilighted with blonde as well giving it a reddish gold shimmer.

Okay, well, it off to bed soon so stay safe!

Hotflash out.

2 comments:

  1. hello karen,

    you were pretty busy.

    i like your new hair color:you rock!!!

    thanks for sharing the pics with us about the flowers.awesome!

    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur new hair color is awesome!!! sounds like you have had quite a few things to do lately. I don't mind the 2 day posts, just don't forget to keep the accountabilty going.

    Have fun with class!!!

    ReplyDelete