Sunday, November 22, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 Day 69

Hi Team!

I am a little less zombie-ish. I got a bit of sleep this weekend but not enough yet. I hope this week will be better. I have not tried the PNT 200 that my childcare parent gave me yet. I might try it tonight.

I had my usual busy day for Sunday and only got in 2,888 steps. Pete did a good job today...THANKS PETE! I drank mostly iced tea and water today, but plenty of it. 3 for 3 again! YAY ME!!

This will be another tough week of extra long days as my afternoon shift will start two hours earlier each day while school age kids get out early for conferences. I am planning on still taking my walks with Coach Alex. (911R, if for no other reason than I don't want to let YOU down. You have been an amazing encouragement and cheerleader to me!)

I have to be brave this week. I purchased a Christmas sweatshirt from the fire department (available to ff families and the fire buff battalion) and I have to go to Station 9 and pick it up. Probably by myself. THis is a good thing. I HAVE to beat this crazy shyness! I am hoping to have time to go on Tuesday. If I don't, it won't be until after Thanksgiving.

Well, it is 20 to ten and I have a few things left to do before bed. I'm going to try and be in bed by 10. Thanks for continuing to cheer me on! I am a lucky woman! Make that a blessed woman!

Take care and stay safe!

Hotflash out.

2 comments:

  1. Keep telling yourself that they are only guys in turnout gear. ok, some of them are really hot guys in turnout grear... but still, they are sons and dads and brothers and uncles, you've known these kind of people your whole life. nothing to be shy about. if anything you can be more of a goof because of the stupid people they see everyday at work. you'd still be completely normal!!!
    Trust me, the people we deal with even make me look normal and that's saying something.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are right! I have found firemen to be some of the most understanding and nonjudgmental people out there. I think the problem is that I want to be one so badly that I am afraid of sying something dumb. Mom says that is the problem anyway. She's a very talented musician and when she started getting involved in bands and such (She plays tenor sax) she had a hard time talking to musicians too. Ok, firemen are just (often- as you pointed out) hot guys in turn out gear. Except Georgia of ECF&R! She was just cute! And amazing! And very nice. You know it is funny... My new friends on the Fire Buff Battalion, whom I have seen only 3-4 times, already don't believe that I am shy! They roll their eyes at me when I say anything about it. The brain knows firemen are just people. The rest of me just won't cooperate. I'll keep trying though. Thanks for the encouragement. :D

    ReplyDelete