Friday, November 6, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day 54

Hi Team!

I am almost ready to admit to being a member of the land of the living! Work went better this afternoon. Of course I didn't have to do anything brainy today so that might have made some difference! But I wasn't as tired today either. And music is starting to make sense again. It is really eerie to listen to music and have your brain try to convince you that the lyrics and the tracks are not synchronized! Especially when you are listening to a CD you've listened to a hundred times before!

Pete did his thing today. Being as I am still in recovery I didn't work him (or myself) hard today. I put Pete in service at about 12 noon and just took him out of service at 8:00 tonight. During that time I logged 5,184 steps! Yay me!

I could be better on the fluids for the day though. I think I have had about a quart is all. I will have to remedy that before bed, starting NOW.

I got a real shot in the arm from my Crusty Old Jake friends today. One of them left me a post regarding my story of my passion and interest in the fire service and EMS:

nwfdcap26-respectdajob wrote:

Having a dream is the same as having a goal. Accepting that it may take some uneven roads, and a few bumps, and maybe even a wrong turn or two are just part of the journey.

I had a dream too. I dreamed it everyday. Conscious and subconscious thought. Day dreams....it was all-consuming. I hit a few snags along the way too. But in the end, what I thought was almost impossible became a lifestyle that I KNEW I wanted, but wasn't sure I would obtain.

Now, sometimes I have to look back at it all to stay grounded, and realize what it took to get here.

You'll do fine. If it was so easy it wouldn't be worth it.
_________________


This week has been really hard for me and the ugly doubt monster has been hounding me, big time. This post from one of my new brothers really gave me a lift!

Not much else to report for now.

Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome!!! Don't ever doubt yourself. Just remember God has only good things planned, but they are planned in His time.

    Also, if you have time, I'm passing on an award to you. ck out my blog. I won't be offened at all if don't want to do it, just something fun!

    ReplyDelete