Thursday, October 29, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day 47

Hi Team!

I feel like putting on my hiking boots and jumping up and down on Pete or leaving him under the wheel of the fire truck! Again, his button got pushed and my steps cleared! He is only indicating 1, 495 steps at 10:00 pm at night. I had more than that logged before 9 am this morning!

I did drink enough today. I got to bed an hour ealier than usual last night and I took a two hour nap today!

I hope I am not getting sick. I felt totally exhausted and could not keep my eyes open today. I also could not get warm. My nickname is Hotflash because I am rarely cold! Today I had the heat up to seventy, was fully clothed and had on an especially warm shirt, put on a silk thermal top under my shirt, curled up in my night time comfortor and had a hot daschund in my lap and and my blanket over my head in my recliner chair and could not get warm. I took that nap that way and when I awoke, still cold, I took my temperature. It was 98.0 On my way back to work I bought a pumpkin spice latte. I finally got warm after that. I do NOT have time to get sick, nor am I the slightest bit interested in doing so.

My brother has been telling me to post in a particular forum on the IACOG website. (a social networking site for fire fighters and supporters of fire fighters. It is the PAR forum (personal accountability report). He told me to post my story there and that I would find an outpouring of support. He was SO right. I posted my shortened version of my story there last night and have received something like 24 welcome posts, several pm's and more encouragement than I ever imagined in just 24 hours time. There are firefighters from across the country, Canada and France who have welcomed me. There are rookies to Chief Engineers and everything in between who have welcomed me and sent encouragement. It feels like a close family and they have accepted me into it already. It makes me feel warm all over to be a part of it. Just thought I would share that with all of you.

Well, I must get to bed now.

Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hope ur not sick too!
    I'm glad you found that site for support, it makes a huge difference. Keep on logging steps and try not to kill Pete.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 911 and the Randomness,

    Thanks for the encouraging words! I really appreciate the support. And just so you know, I am really enjoying your blog too. -Hotflash

    ReplyDelete