Saturday, May 15, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Ho Hum

May 2nd-May 8th, 2010  Days 224-230

Hi Team!

Sorry I am posting late again.  Busy, busy, busy!  I honestly don't have much to tell you about this week.  I have not really had any adventures this week.  Here are the grades:

PT:  B

Study Hall:  A

Health:  C

R&R:  C

Overall Grade:  B-

I guess I really had the most trouble with the R&R.  Sleep seems to be more and more elusive.  I have to study and classes are getting out at 10 pm.  That makes it hard to fix the problem!  If you are one of my prayer warriors, that would be where I would ask for special concentration.  I'm starting to feel like a walking zombie again.  I need sleep and good quality sleep at that.

Friday was a busy day.  Our official canteen unit hasn't been on a run since before I was officially a member of the Fire Buff Battalion.  All of our runs have been in our private vehicles because we currently house the rig away from all of our residences.  Earlier in the week we got a call from our Fire Department requesting that we attend a training burn on Tuesday of next week.  WOO HOO!  At least we will see some action!  Anyway, the Canteen 1 rig needed a thorough cleaning and inventorying.  On Friday, right after my morning shift I headed to the Firefighter's Union Hall, where we currently have her stationed, and assisted our president, her husband, our secretary and our newest wannabe with the giant task.  Everything had to come out, shelves had to be washed down, food mostly trashed as it was expired, storage containers scrubbed and refilled, etc.  It took a lot of elbow grease and a lot of reorganizing.  The members who used to house our rig turned it over to us in a pigstye state when they left the club.  She's all pretty and functional now though!

 
Photobucket
                                                                                   
Sorry this isn't more interesting or exciting this week.  I just really have not done anything noteworthy that I can recall.  I'll try to give you something interesting in my next post!

Stay Safe!

Hotflash out.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    you are very busy..no worries about your site:you do great!!!take care.

    ReplyDelete