Saturday, February 27, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Days 160 and 161

Hi Team!

Friday,
I have to say Friday was not the best day I've ever had.  First, I had to cancel with Coach Alex for teh morning due to some situations that came up at work.   In some ways that turned out to be okay becuase Coach Alex a.k.a. The Smiling Beader, was miserably sick, again some more.  It was a good day for her to rest.

I did get plenty of sleep and drank just over two quarts today.  And although I did not go for my walk I did stay moving on my feet for 12 hours today.  I am definitely counting it as a three for 3 day.  I am TIRED!

As I went about getting my work situations taken care of  Coach Alex sent me a text informing me that there had been a school shooting in our town and a teacher had been shot and killed.  Immediately, even without further details I began praying for that teacher's family, students and co-workers.  And even though at the time I didn't know who the teacher was I began to cry.  The more I prayed the harder I cried.  Then Coach Alex texted again to say that no children had been present and they were all safe, and that the gunman had been shot and killed.  I began praising God for the safety of the students and that the gunman was no longer a danger.  I remember feeling sad that the gunman was going to hell and wondering about the teacher's spiritual walk. 

Later, that night I discovered that I knew the teacher that had been shot.  I didn't know her well and had not talked to her in several years, but I did know her.  She was a well loved and respected Special Education Teacher.    Her name was Jennifer Paulson.  And thankfully I know that she is with the Lord.  She loved the Lord. 
Photobucket
My heart goes out to the students who's lives she touched, to her her co-workers and especially to her family.  I pray God would lift up each one and comfort them and restore a feeling of security that has been stolen from them.

Saturday

Well, I have had a relatively lazy day.  I spent it studying, writing and reading.  I wasn't feeling very well today and my husband is sick so he has been very low key today too.  I did, however, make up for my cancelled walk from yesterday.  My husband and I took our little dog, Kaylee for a walk for almost 50 minutes this evening.  I slept about 7 1/2 hours last night and I have just finished my second quart of fluid for the day.  That makes me 3 for three again.

Here's a picture of my Kaylee.  She is a purebred Dachshund and she's called a silver dapple. She's a sweetie and she LOVES her walks. 
Photobucket

Thanks for supporting me and for all the kind words you send my way regularly.  I appreciate your encouragement very much.

Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment