Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Days 150 and 151

Hi Team!

Poor Coach Alex.  She just got back from her trip watching her son graduate.  We were going to get together today to walk because although we had both said we would not be meeting this week, we both had forgotten that we each had the day off today.  Sadly, about an hour and a half before she was to meet me she texted to say she was SO staying in bed.  She had gotten sick!!  BOO.  NO FUN. 

But...  I was a good girl!!  I went to the mall without her and did two laps inside then one lap outside.  That meant I walked 3 1/2 miles today.  I SO did not want to do it.  And I wanted to quit after the first inside lap.  Today, my attire paid off.  I looked down at the fire department logo on my shirt and said to myself,  I CANNOT QUIT!  I WANT THIS.  That was when I decided that after my second lap I would walk outside forcing an extra half mile.  And I'm glad I did. :)

I have not done as well on the fluids today.  I haven't quite made two quarts but I will be sure I do before I go to bed.  I really notice now the day after I don't drink enough.  And I did sleep plenty last night because I was able to sleep in!!  Yay me!  By the time I go to bed I will be three for three for the day!

Tuesday:

Today was a great day.  I got to sleep in a little because I didn't have to be at work until 9:30.  Then the first two hours of my shifts was just giving breaks to the other staff.  I didn't have to take responsibility for any problems!!!  :) 

I drank all of my fluids today (3 quarts) and I got plenty of walking in, even though it wasn't a scheduled day because for this week, all of our child care sites are combined in one place due to Mid Winter Break in the schools.  When these breaks occur, I rarely get to sit in a six hour shift.  That means I am walking all the time.  Somehow it isn't so challenging when I'm doing it for work, but it still burns calories!

That made me three for three again.  :)

I'd like to share a memorable part of my day with you.  When I arrived at work, my counterpart, another Site Manager said to me, "there is a fire engine on the table for you!"  That was a little odd sounding, but upon closer examination I discovered, still in the package, a brand new hotwheels fire engine.  On the back it said from (insert whatever random name you like, I can't tell you!).   Awwww, what a sweetie!  It was from one of my boys.  He's in fourth grade and I have had him in my program since he was in kindergarten.  When his mom picked him up in the evening I thanked her, knowing that he had gotten his parents to buy it.  She told me he likes to play "the Claw" at the store.  You know, the game where you put your 50cents in and use a joy stick to sort of control a claw that drops down and tries to grab a prize.  They always let him play but when he asked if he could get the fire engine for "Mrs. Hotflash" they told him he had to choose between the fire engine and the claw, and he chose the fire engine!!!  What a love!  I know I am not supposed to have favorites, but if I did, and of course I don't, he'd be right up at the top of the list!  I love my job!

Until next time, stay safe!

Hotflash out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so adorable!!! I'm so very proud of you for walking!!! Keep up the great work and thank you so much for all the great comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete