Monday, January 11, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Days 115 and 116

Hi Team!

OOoops!  I kinda forgot to post yesterday didn't I?  Sorry.  I'm a little embarrassed about that one.  I really took yesterday (Sunday) off!  I was so tired from the rest of the weekend and I am still up and down with something... I'm not quite sure what!  I can report that I slept enough (8 hours) which is highly unusual for me.  And I drank plenty of fluids 3 quarts or better.  I just didn't exercise but Sunday is a day of rest so I am not counting that against myself.  That really is all I have to report for Sunday.  Oh, except for the fun part.  That's the part when Gigaherz texted me with the following message: ... Everyone loved the cookies.  Send more! LOL             I LOVED it!  I'm really glad the guys enjoyed them.  I had a great time visiting!

OK, now for today, Monday.  I had a terrible time getting out of bed this morning.  I went to work and then, even though my strongest desire was to go to bed, I went to meet Coach Alex.  While I was waiting she texted me that she would be late due to "personal issues" which I won't go into detail about.  I asked her if she'd rather skip and promised I'd walk anyway but she said she'd still come.  She is SO cool!  We walked even though neither of us particularly felt great.  Then my awesome friends really encouraged me when they saw my updated status' on facebook that said, "back to the grindstone" and "I'm fixing to start my walk even though I feel like going to bed" or words to that effect.  Thanks ladies for continuing to encourage me!  You are all so awesome!  I have the best team of supporters and friends a ff/paramedic wannabe could ever ask for.

I am still concerned about depression trying to sneak back in to my life.  I am having fun so I don't think I am truly depressed.  I never had fun no matter what when I was really depressed.  But at the same time, the dreary darkness of our overcast days is really affecting me.  I can definitely feel that and I am craving light!  For all you prayer warriors out there, THIS is what I need prayer about.  I do NOT want to be depressed again and I do NOT want to go back on medication for it.  I know this is a seasonal issue and that  it is very common in the northwest.  IF that is what is making me feel so icky, please pray it will all go away.  And if that is NOT what is making me feel so icky, please pray that whatever IS causing it would go away. Thanks.

Let's see, I got enough sleep last night, I drank about 2 1/2 quarts of fluids today, but still feel like I need more and I walked today, though Pete seems to have been misplaced since Saturday night.  Hopefully I will find him soon and hopefully he will be well rested and ready to work hard when I do.  That makes today 3 for 3 for me. YAY ME!

I know I said I was going to start featuring team members here starting today, but I am putting that off for at least a day or two or three.  Sorry.  Some things came up and I don't have time right now.  But I will do it soon.  I promise.

On a sad note, Cat, the Fire Buff Battalion president is dealing with the loss of her sister as of earlier this afternoon.  Please keep Cat in your prayers too.  She and her sister were very close and at least Cat knows what Shirley wanted as far as a memorial and such goes.  And Cat knows that Shirley isn't suffering any more, but that does not diminish the pain of the loss of a loved one and she needs all the prayers and lifting up she can get.  Thanks.

Ok, now it's off to bed at an almost reasonable hour!

Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    my prayers are for Cat and her family.

    now,for you:my thoughts are with you,and you do a great job:never give up!

    for your blog,do what you can:do not be sorry if you do not have the chance to post articles:you will do that later.

    take care.

    ReplyDelete