Thursday, January 28, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Day 135

Hi Team!

Things are looking good for me.  I still don't know if I will get into my EMT class or not, but I am looking at all the things that have happened this week and thinking, God really loves me!  First, I took the intitiative to call about the waitlist and found out that everything was a mess.  Second, I scrambled and located the vaccines I needed. Third I located and obtained my TB test. Fourth, I convinced the Red Cross to allow me into an already over crowded class to get my CPR for the Professional Rescuer class taken care of by Saturday so that I can then apply to the EMT program on Monday.  God continues to clear obstacles as he has all along this journey.  If He wants me in the class this time around, I will be there.  If not, it can only be because he has better plans for me.  How can I lose?

I want to thank all of you again for the prayers, encouragement and openness you have shared with me or offered up on my behalf.  I am feeling much more positive, even though I have stumbled a bit.  I feel like today, I could move mountains!

Speaking of today... I have had two quarts of fluids, I slept very well last night and I have had an active day, though it was not an exercise day.  I am three for three.  =D

I also went and got my shots today =(  Both of my arms are sore.  I feel like swiss cheese!  I'm full of holes!  The nurse was amazing.  I barely felt the needle pokes.  Unfortunately, the vaccines that were injected were not so subtle.  They burned and smarted!  But I did not kick the nurse.  I didn't cry or yell even, though for one of them I did say, "Ow, ow ow!"  Before I left, I told her I was glad she had poked me today!  (That brought a laugh, let me tell you!)  Tomorrow I get the TB test site checked and mail my transcript requests.

The first BIG step in reaching my dream is so close I can almost taste it!  Almost.

And I did something fun today too.  I colored my hair for the first time in 25 years.  No more silver bangs peeking out when I'm not looking for them.  I lightened up my hair a few shades from a medium brown to Golden Light Brown which on me is sort of coppery brown.  I have natural red hilights and the red is much more prominent now.  I like it though.  My husband noticed and complimented me almost right away when he saw me.  I didn't warn him I was going to do this.  I was surprised he liked it so much.  He is the type to give his honest opinion so it is really cool that he complimented me on it.  =)  I'll try to post a pic soon.

Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    post a pic of you:i'm sure it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!! God is so good!
    I can't wait to see a pic too!

    ReplyDelete