Friday, January 15, 2010

Report From Ladder Company 40 Day 123

Hi Team!

It is with great sadness that I announce to you the demise of Pete.  Pete was a nice little pedometer with a great sense of humor and a penchant for tomfoolery but he was a good buddy, always by my side.  He went with me nearly everywhere I went and loved just hanging out.  He passed quietly and apparently without much suffering.  His ticker just quit on him.  (sniff sniff).  Although we gave each other a hard time, I will miss the little fella!

Well, I guess I cannot tell you how many steps I took today either.  I do know that I sat maybe 20 minutes of my entire shift at work today and that usually adds up to as many steps as a "walk" day, which today would have been if I hadn't had a funny shift today.  And I drank LOTS of tea (herbal) and lost count it was so much.  Coach Alex knows about a lot of it though because it was at the tea shop she works at.  That makes me two for three.  We won't even talk about sleep.  Suffice it to say I need to get some and it needs to be a priority before something bad happens.  I didn't go to bed as planned last night either but I will get good sleep this weekend!!

I had a super special awesome birthday.  Tons of people sent me electronic birthday wishes and that was fun.  My relief came in and sent me home a half hour early today! :)  Coach Alex served me a lovely afternoon tea and gave me a red tea pot with three kinds of tea and a hand crocheted tea cozy!  Then my hubby took me to dinner at Royal Thai Bistro! YAY ME!!!  He kept thinking that he didn't like Thai food but he let me order and he liked most of it!  Then we went to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert.  I was too full to eat much of it though.

Well, I am going to end this post because my sister just called and I don't like to type and talk.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!  I had an awesome day!

Stay safe!

Hotflash out

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    sorry for Pete,your personal pedometer!

    i'm glad that you had a great birthday and a great dinner!!!

    take care.

    ReplyDelete