Thursday, December 10, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 Day 87

Hi Team!

Tonight's post is short and boring. It's late and I need to sleep.

I drank 2 1/2 quarts of fluids today. Pete logged 7,593 steps and I slept about 6 hours. And napped during the day. That puts me at 3 for three today. YAY ME!!

Just to warn you, I probably won't post tomorrow and hopefully I will remember to post Saturday. I work until 10pm tomorrow (my usual split shift beginning at 6 am, second half ending at 6 pm and then 4 extra hours for a special event.) Then on Saturday I have my annual Christmas shopping event with my mother-in-law from 0'dark thirty in the morning until 0 dark forty-five at night. It usually includes Starbucks in the a.m., lunch out and fancy dinner out. Very fun, very tiring!! I love my special day with my mother-in-law. She's a wonderful lady!

FD related info: Today I finally got to see the ff dad of one of my child care kids who got promoted to Captain last week. I enjoyed congratulating him and got the biggest smiles and thank yous! He is the reason I got the patch. He saw the stack of them at the awards ceremony and told his daughter to make sure she brought me one! His promotion officially begins Jan 1 with his first shift as Captain on Jan 4. He tells me the patch is collectable as the department is merging with another and the patch will not be used any more. Very cool that he thought of me. :D Even more cool that he got a well deserved promotion.

Stay safe!

Hotflash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment