Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 Day 65

Hi Team!

I don't have that much to report tonight. Pete says I walked 5,036 steps. I know he reset once this morning so there may be another thousand or so steps, who knows? Maybe one day I'll consistently hit 10,000 steps a day. I keep trying. Pete's very trying too. But he's at least making an effort to be good, I think.

I had plenty of fluids today but very little sleep again last night. If this keeps up I will have to take a nap between shifts and I dont' really have time to do that. But all work and no sleep makes Hotflash a very grumpy girl! And doesn't do much for the skin either. Bleah! Wrinkles! Balance. It's all about balance.

Today my arm is still sore from wrestling the fire hose. (I Love saying that!) It isn't as sore as yesterday though and I managed to skip the motrin today. Sadly, part of me kind of likes the soreness as it reminds me of the fun I had. (Oops! Did I just write that out loud?)

After two weeks off from exercising I am glad to be back into it again. It occurred to me that it is a difficult time to start back up however. Starting thursday I have to be at work 2 hours earlier for my afternoon shift every day until Thanksgiving break. It would have been easier to start back up after the holiday. As I thought about cancelling with Coach Alex (and facing the wrath!! LOL) I thought, two weeks is a long time and another two weeks would effectively kill any momentum I had gained. No matter how inconvenient it is and how little personal time I will get from now unti then, I am NOT cancelling. I will exercise. I will smile while doing it. I will enjoy it. (Usually I do, surprisingly!) and I will not do it grudgingly. I will remind myself why I am doing it and remind myself of what physical tests I will have to face and pass if when I get to the fire academy some day. It will all be worth the little sacrifice of my time now for the dream to come true in the not SO distant future.

OK, I really have to go to bed.

Stay safe and please say a prayer for all the emergency personnel on shift when you read this to stay safe and go home at the end of their shift.

Thanks.

Hotflash out.

1 comment:

  1. Prayer is one of my favorite things to do!

    And awesome job to you for not cancelling with coach Alex!!

    ReplyDelete