Saturday, November 7, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day 55

Hi Team!

First and formost: YOU WON COACH ALEX I WAS WRONG!! Coach Alex knows all about what that is for. Santa is right where she said he'd be!! Suffice it to say, I was wrong and she won! I'm sure her little happy song and dance in the middle of the mall freaked out more than a few innocent patrons. And I'm positive that losing her family was a planned event, on their part, when she did it. But I still love you, Coach Alex!

I am feeling a little stronger and more myself today. I am still not at 100 percent, but getting closer all the time. I put Pete in service today before going grocery shopping. From about 11am to 6 pm he counted steps for me today and logged 8,354! That's more steps than I usually log on a saturday. And I usually wear Pete from the time I get up to the time I blog late at night. I guess that's what happens when you do minimal shopping for groceries for two months and then have to make up for it in one day. No wonder I came home absolutely exhausted and spent!

I have been incredibly thirsty today and have probably had close to three quarts of water/tea/juice. I slept well and got plenty of it last night. I'm doing everything I am supposed to be doing except exercising and Pete puts up a pretty good arguement for me that I AM exercising! I guess that is all I have to report today.

I just watched the movie: The Guys with Sigourney Weaver and Anthony LaPaglia. It is about a fire captain with FDNY who has to deliver the eulogies for 8 men lost in the 911 tragedy. It was a very touching movie. Not an action movie. Just touching. I recommend it. It will make you think, you'll feel sad all over again at the losses of 911, but I think it will make you feel good too. It did me anyway. Just thought I would share that.

Until next time... stay safe! And the next time you see a firefighter or other first responder, say thanks!

Hotflash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment