Sunday, November 1, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day 49

Hi Team.

(Notice no exclamation point?)

(I am posting for yesterday, technically).

It's official. I'm Sick @_@

I had my flu shot two weeks ago, but have not been able to get the H1N1 vaccination as I am unable to locate any place that has any in stock!

I had a tickle all day that would not go away and I felt tired. (I am posting for yesterday, technically). I had a pretty low key day. I wasn't feeling sick, just tired with an annoying tickle so I spent several hours painting pottery at my favorite studio. I've been working on two little cows in turnout gear. I intend to have them drilled and make salt and pepper shakers out of them. I find painting to be very relaxing so it was kind of therapeutic for me.

When I came home from that I took a little nap and then it was off to the harvest carnival at church where I promised to work the craft booth. I took hot tea with honey with me to try and calm the tickle. A little cough was starting to develop and an occasional burning sensation in the chest. I made it through the two hour shift and came home. By bed time I was feeling pretty lousy. The sinuses were getting plugged and the achiness of stuffed sinuses was becoming more apparent.

I've been taking vitamin C, pushing my fluids and getting extra rest, but I fear the creeping crud has caught up with me. I think I will go crawl back in bed now.

Stay safe, stay well, get your immunizations!!

Hotflash down and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment