Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Report From Ladder Company 40 -Day Two

Hello Team!

Today is day two. I have discovered that I have muscles that I didn't remember having! I am sore on the outer side of my legs at the hip where the leg bone is connected to the hip bone! (yes I know they are called femur and pelvis!) Yesterday's brisk one hour walk must be doing some good. Tomorrow I will do it all over again. Yay me!

One thing I realized and had to really face today is that 4-5 hours of sleep a night isn't nearly enough! DOH! I guess that "get a reasonable amount of sleep each night" will be on that list I am making of lifestyle changes! I have had roughly 12 hours of sleep in the last 72. Granted the first night of only four hours was due to insomnia (and I'd had less than one cup of coffee with breakfast that day so it wasn't due to caffeine!). The second and third night of four-four and a half hours of sleep were due to poor choices on my part. I am guessing one would not make a good rescuer when one needs to be rescued from oneself. Enough said on that!

Today I weighed in at 201 lbs. As awful as that is for a 4'10" woman, I am pleased because the last time I weighed myself, (and I don't even remember when that was) I weighed 210 lbs! My current long term goal for my weight is 150. That is heavier than is recommended for a woman of my height, but it sounds pretty damn sexy to me right now! And more importantly, attainable.

According to my handy dandy pedometer, from the time I got dressed this mornning until now, 7:12 pm, I walked 6,318 steps today. That translates to 1.7 miles based on my average stride and 395 calories burned. With that bit of knowledge at my fingertips, or rather my waistband where the pedometer is clipped, I will set my first walking goal of 10,000 steps. This may change rapidly as today was not one of my walking days. We will see.

I have eaten relatively sensibly today. FOr breakfast a slice of cheddar cheese and a can of V-8. Delicious! (no I am NOT being sarcastic!)

For morning snack I had a small handful of roasted cashews. YUM!

For lunch, another slice of cheese and some pasta salad containing frozen mixed vegetables and garbanzo beans. I should probably have had a smaller portion, but the idea is that I am not dieting, just choosing to eat healthier items and working on portion sizes. At least I am half way there today.

For snack this afternoon I had about a cup of pineapple chunks.

For dinner I will be having a salmon patty, some sort of vegetable but I am not sure what yet, and an 8oz glass of nonfat milk.

I am proud to say I did not have any soda today and I had two cups of coffee, but only one with creamer.

What I could have improved on today was to 1) take a nap when I had the chance,
2) drink more water. I am terrible about this. 3)I did not intentionally exercise to day. My intent was to do some upper body conditioning, but I did not do it. I am feeling extremely tired, (gee I wonder why?) and therefore did not have the self discipline or motivation to do it. But I am just starting out. It just means I have some room for improvement.

Summing things up for Day two:

First Weight loss goal: -16 lbs to 185
First Step goal: 10,000 steps
First Exercise goal: 1 hour brisk walk twice a week Sept. 6-19 and 3k walk on 9/19.

Plans for tomorrow:

Get at least 6 hours of sleep tonight (hey, I'm a night owl and have to get up at 4:30- this is going to take some adjusting!)

Walk one hour

Take and record upper arm, thigh, waist, hip, and chest measurements.

Drink at least 1 quart of water, not counting meal/snack times.

We shall see what happens!

-Hotflash

No comments:

Post a Comment